GWW has been providing legal and tax advisory services in Poland for domestic and international businesses since 1996. Our law firm employs over 120 lawyers assisting clients in all areas of running a business.
The GWW Legal team supports companies specifically with respect to M&A and corporate issues as well as real estate and construction, regulatory matters, TMT, energy, media and other key sectors of the economy. GWW Tax teams provide comprehensive assistance through e.g. M&A, reorganizations and business restructuring, tax litigation, VAT, transfer pricing and other services. Additionally, GWW Private has been created in order to combine legal and tax capacity of the firm to assist individual clients (and family or closely held businesses) in all private and professional matters, including, specifically, personal taxes, immigration law, inheritance issues and estate planning, private disputes and much more.
We cooperate with our clients with one goal in mind: to help them develop their business and ensure its trouble-free operation on the Polish and international markets. We take a comprehensive approach in putting clients` affairs in context and always trying to see the full picture.
Our offices are located in Warsaw and other key regions of Poland: Poznań, Wrocław, and Rzeszów.Number of professionals: 40 lawyers / 80 professionals
Aldona Leszczyńska-Mikulska - attorney at law, tax advisor, partner
- Aldona has been working with taxes since 1999. Started her professional career at the International Tax Planning Department of the Warsaw office of Ernst&Young.
- Specializes in international tax and inheritance planning. Aldona advises clients in cases and disputes relating to private property, family and spousal cases. She takes part in processes connected with generation changes in family-owned businesses.
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA). Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), London branch.
- With GWW since 2016.
- GWW advised BPI Real Estate Poland on a record-breaking transaction in Poznan, Poland
October 12, 2020
The real estate and tax team of GWW advised BPI Real Estate company, a leading real estate developer in Belgium and Luxembourg, on one of the largest transactions in Poland, and at the same time a record one in Poznań. BPI Real Estate Poland and Revive join forces on the Poznań (Poland) real estate market. Belgian…
- Poland: The Ministry of Finance published a draft amendment to the PIT Act and the CIT Act
September 22, 2020
The Ministry of Finance has published a planned draft amendment to regulations of the PIT Act and CIT Act, as well as the Act on Flat-Rate Income Tax on Certain Revenues Earned by Natural Persons and certain other acts. GWW experts have prepared a brief summary of the most important changes included in the draft…
- "Estonian Zero Income Tax" in Poland
August 12, 2020
On 31 July, the Ministry of Finance published the proposed amendments to the CIT Act introducing the so-called “Estonian CIT”. The key implications of the proposed changes are discussed in the GWW Tax Alert: For more on the proposed amendments, including the Ministry of Finance comments, go to: (Polish).
- Preventive confiscation - announcement of an amendment to the Criminal Code in Poland
May 22, 2020
The Ministry of Justice announces the implementation of the so-called preventive confiscation of property into the Criminal Code. That confiscation would be carried out even before the offender is convicted, or even in the case of acquittal, and would also concern property belonging to persons who are not subject to criminal proceedings. The Ministry has…