GWW has been providing legal and tax advisory services in Poland for domestic and international businesses since 1996. Our law firm employs over 120 lawyers assisting clients in all areas of running a business.
The GWW Legal team supports companies specifically with respect to M&A and corporate issues as well as real estate and construction, regulatory matters, TMT, energy, media and other key sectors of the economy. GWW Tax teams provide comprehensive assistance through e.g. M&A, reorganizations and business restructuring, tax litigation, VAT, transfer pricing and other services. Additionally, GWW Private has been created in order to combine legal and tax capacity of the firm to assist individual clients (and family or closely held businesses) in all private and professional matters, including, specifically, personal taxes, immigration law, inheritance issues and estate planning, private disputes and much more.
We cooperate with our clients with one goal in mind: to help them develop their business and ensure its trouble-free operation on the Polish and international markets. We take a comprehensive approach in putting clients` affairs in context and always trying to see the full picture.
Our offices are located in Warsaw and other key regions of Poland: Poznań, Wrocław, and Rzeszów.Number of professionals: 40 lawyers / 80 professionals
Aldona Leszczyńska-Mikulska - attorney at law, tax advisor, partner
- Aldona has been working with taxes since 1999. Started her professional career at the International Tax Planning Department of the Warsaw office of Ernst&Young.
- Specializes in international tax and inheritance planning. Aldona advises clients in cases and disputes relating to private property, family and spousal cases. She takes part in processes connected with generation changes in family-owned businesses.
- Member of the International Fiscal Association (IFA). Member of Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), London branch.
- With GWW since 2016.
- Preventive confiscation - announcement of an amendment to the Criminal Code in Poland
May 22, 2020
The Ministry of Justice announces the implementation of the so-called preventive confiscation of property into the Criminal Code. That confiscation would be carried out even before the offender is convicted, or even in the case of acquittal, and would also concern property belonging to persons who are not subject to criminal proceedings. The Ministry has…
- Tax residency during lockdown - part II
May 8, 2020
We have recently informed you of the impact of movement restrictions on the tax residence of individuals in many countries (you can find the information here: https://www.telfa.law/news/tax-residency-during-lockdown-2/ ). We should be aware that this situation may also have an impact on the status of entities other than natural persons – especially those whose management was “grounded”…
- COVID-19: legal regulations in Poland, explanations, articles
May 5, 2020
We would like to invite you to our subpage containing materials in which we explain current Polish legal regulations aimed at helping companies to counteract the consequences of COVID-19 (legal alerts, clarifications of legal regulations and articles by our experts, directly related to the situation that we are facing): https://gww.pl/en/publications/koronawirus-covid-19/
- Tax residency during lockdown
April 30, 2020
Based on our experience and solutions introduced by some EU countries, the following provides details of the impact that COVID-19 has on the tax residency status of affected individuals. We will devote a separate post addressing the issue of corporate tax residence throughout this extraordinary situation. Tax residence of individuals The number of days…